BlogMenu




Welcome to the Sweet Blog! The place where all your dreams come true!!! Okay, okay… that might be an exaggeration… but it is a lot of fun. La Dolce Blog is the online journal of all the happenings at La Dolce Vita Studio. This is a place where you can come and find out about our latest projects, random events, the newest cute thing our dog Lucy has done and whatever else we decide to post in the online blogopolis. So who is behind La Dolce Vita Studio? Shh… its top secret… alright well the secret is out… we are Melanie and Bradford Watson, a husband and wife photography team based out of Jacksonville, FL. We shoot weddings, children, families, individual portraits, and anything else that may tickle our fancy. Our services are available across the U.S. and internationally… have passports, will travel!

So sit back, relax and browse until your heart is content… you can even leave a comment or two while you’re here! Don’t forget to bookmark us and come back often. If you are really serious about La Dolce Blog, you can subscribe by clicking here. Now you will receive spanking new posts delivered to your inbox right as they happen. If you love what you see and are chomping at the bit to book a wedding or photoshoot with us, just email us directly at info@ladolcevitastudio.com.

Thank you all for visiting… come back and see us soon!


    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 18, 2008

    Baby Andrew's Arrival

    Early Monday morning on August 4th I got a call from Maranda informing that her water had broken and she was officially in labor. Immediately, I collected all my camera gear and headed to the hospital. From early on in her pregnancy Maranda decided she wanted me not only to document her pregnancy with maternity photos but to shoot the live birth of her first baby as well. I was so honored to be there and experience such a miraculous event. Maranda gave birth 100% natural; no pain killers, no epidural, nothing. Just good old fashioned pushing. She was so calm and collected through the entire labor. All the movies you see where women are screaming and begging for drugs was completely false in Maranda's case. After a whole night of intense labor she finally gave birth to a healthy 8lb 7oz baby boy. Baby Andrew was 21 inches long and came out with a full head of black hair. I swear I have never seen a baby with so much hair before. He is the spitting image of his daddy. Below is a slideshow of the event (we will call it the Cliffs Notes version). Any of the more graphic shots have been removed so I promise there is nothing to fear. Maranda, James and Baby AJ... I love you all and thank you so much for allowing me to experience this beautiful event with you.

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket



    11 comments:

    Brandie said...

    What a tear jerker. Beautiful pictures, something to be treasured forever.

    Anonymous said...

    That was absolutely incredible. I'm in tears over how beautiful that experience was, and you captured it in all it's glory. Great job.

    Kelly Hendricks said...

    Absolutely breathtaking. Brought back memories of when I had the boys. Kudos to the Mommy on a job very well done! Mel - yet again stunning photos.

    Anonymous said...

    Melanie, this is a priceless gift. Thank you. I'm so blessed to have this to treasure forever. You are awesome!
    Maranda

    Moongypsyi said...

    That was amazing mel! So beautiful!
    ~christina

    OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

    that first one is awesome. you can just feel that shot and kimi says, that looks like the, "holy poop hit me with a semi now face!"

    Melanie Watson said...

    Thanks everyone... it was a truly wonderful experience and I feel blessed to have been there to capture it all. Kimi... I think you're right. ;)

    Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

    Omigosh! I just cried!! These are sooo good! Great song, as well :)

    Star Bradshaw said...

    What a special gift you've given them! Absolutely beautiful work, Mel! I felt like I was in the room with them, the emotions captured were amazing.

    Anonymous said...

    What a beautiful job you did! Such a special gift I wish more mom's wanted to have documented. Love the slide show... thanks for making me cry (I'm pregnant too.. what do you expect!)

    Melissa said...

    Wow this is beautiful. I cried

    Blog Archive