BlogMenu




Welcome to the Sweet Blog! The place where all your dreams come true!!! Okay, okay… that might be an exaggeration… but it is a lot of fun. La Dolce Blog is the online journal of all the happenings at La Dolce Vita Studio. This is a place where you can come and find out about our latest projects, random events, the newest cute thing our dog Lucy has done and whatever else we decide to post in the online blogopolis. So who is behind La Dolce Vita Studio? Shh… its top secret… alright well the secret is out… we are Melanie and Bradford Watson, a husband and wife photography team based out of Jacksonville, FL. We shoot weddings, children, families, individual portraits, and anything else that may tickle our fancy. Our services are available across the U.S. and internationally… have passports, will travel!

So sit back, relax and browse until your heart is content… you can even leave a comment or two while you’re here! Don’t forget to bookmark us and come back often. If you are really serious about La Dolce Blog, you can subscribe by clicking here. Now you will receive spanking new posts delivered to your inbox right as they happen. If you love what you see and are chomping at the bit to book a wedding or photoshoot with us, just email us directly at info@ladolcevitastudio.com.

Thank you all for visiting… come back and see us soon!


    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 22, 2008

    Ghosts of Christmas Past

    A few days ago I was at my parents house for an early Christmas celebration when I came across this photo from a Christmas long long ago. My mom likes to laugh and point out that Adam and Kari are her good kids while Sam and I are her bad kids. I beg to differ. Sam and I are actually the interesting children... we add a little bit of spice and excitement to every situation. Beyond the dramatic expressions I love the fact that my old Billabong jacket made an appearance. I'm not sure how far this trend stretched in the early 90's but in my home town of New Smyrna Beach you weren't cool if you didn't sport your corduroy Billabong sleeves every day of the week. Yes I'm serious. No matter what outfit you were wearing that day, no matter how hot or humid it can possibly be during the summer months in Florida, you just weren't cool if you weren't wearing your Billabong jacket. As you can see it is highly versatile, complimenting my floral print dress perfectly. I wonder whatever became of the jacket?? It could very well still be lurking in a closet at my parent's house. I think I'll take a look next time I'm down there.


    The Ellison Children Christmas 1992 - pay special attention to the bottom right corner of the photo. Notice Adam's super trendy tight rolled jean. Oh yeah... that was the hotness back then.
    (clockwise from left - Sam, Mel, Santa, Kari and Adam)

    Photobucket

    and here we all are again (minus Santa) on Christmas Day 2007
    (clockwise from left - Sam, Mel, Kari and Adam)

    Photobucket

    The Watson family Christmas card 2008
    (Brad, Lucy, and Mel)

    Photobucket

    Happy Holidays from the Watson family and La Dolce Vita Studio. We hope you all have a very merry Christmas season and can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for all of us. May your lives all be filled with more love, happiness and adventure than ever before.

    In Love,
    Mel & Brad (Lucy too)

    10 comments:

    Stephanie Lynn Photography said...

    Cute Christmas Card!! :)

    Christina LeMarr & Susan Hanson said...

    OMG!!! That is sooooooooo cuteee!!!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ~Susan

    Sublime Studios said...

    your Christmas card is too fun!

    Moongypsyi said...

    Awesome!!! I looove the card, soo cute!!
    ~christina

    Anonymous said...

    I love it, but now now more cute blogs until I see a sneak peek of 11/22/08!!! I'm dying with anticipation!

    Anonymous said...

    I'm super jealous b/c I never had a Billabong jacket

    Anonymous said...

    Those are some sexy legs!!! Seriously...I LOVE it!

    OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

    whoa i think i have a school pic of me in adam's exact outfit! yah, with the pegged jeans an all!

    Kelly Hendricks said...

    Gosh, you are so right about the Billabong jacket....and Bongo jeans and Shark watches (more my middle school years). :)

    Love the Christmas card too!

    Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

    By the way... thanks so much for my card! I still have it up on our bay window area.. even if Christmas is over :)

    Blog Archive