BlogMenu




Welcome to the Sweet Blog! The place where all your dreams come true!!! Okay, okay… that might be an exaggeration… but it is a lot of fun. La Dolce Blog is the online journal of all the happenings at La Dolce Vita Studio. This is a place where you can come and find out about our latest projects, random events, the newest cute thing our dog Lucy has done and whatever else we decide to post in the online blogopolis. So who is behind La Dolce Vita Studio? Shh… its top secret… alright well the secret is out… we are Melanie and Bradford Watson, a husband and wife photography team based out of Jacksonville, FL. We shoot weddings, children, families, individual portraits, and anything else that may tickle our fancy. Our services are available across the U.S. and internationally… have passports, will travel!

So sit back, relax and browse until your heart is content… you can even leave a comment or two while you’re here! Don’t forget to bookmark us and come back often. If you are really serious about La Dolce Blog, you can subscribe by clicking here. Now you will receive spanking new posts delivered to your inbox right as they happen. If you love what you see and are chomping at the bit to book a wedding or photoshoot with us, just email us directly at info@ladolcevitastudio.com.

Thank you all for visiting… come back and see us soon!


    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 20, 2008

    Image X - Live from New Orleans

    Last week I was in New Orleans for 5 days to attend the Image X workshop. I had such an amazing time and met some of the kindest, most talented photographers in the industry. I spent my first day learning from and shooting along side Jessica Claire. I met her once before in Tampa last January while attending the DWF convention. I was so impressed by her down to earth attitude that I couldn't wait to spend more time with her while in New Orleans. My second day was filled with Boutwell goodness. Chenin and Doug were both a wealth of information and spoke with such candor about their businesses. It was truly an honor to learn from such incredible photographers. My evenings were spent listening to Jerry Ghionis speak, eating delicious Cajun food and partying the night away on Bourbon Street. I made so many wonderful friends on this trip and could not have had a better time while in New Orleans. Below are some of the photos I took during the workshops. I hope you all enjoy them.


    Shooting with Jessica

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    PhotobucketPhotobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket

    Photobucket



    I am so excited to start implementing all that I have learned during this trip. For any photographers out there who have been looking for a learning experience to help push your work to the next level, I highly recommend attending Image X next year.

    10 comments:

    Star Bradshaw said...

    looooove em! Great job Mel!

    Amanda B. Young said...

    Gorgeous! I especially love that last one!

    Anonymous said...

    stunning!!!! love them all...love you!!

    OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

    you got some bomb shots melanie!!!! the reflection shot is money!

    Stephanie Lynn Photography said...

    I am so jealous that you got to do this & in my home town too. Your images are stunning. Great Job!!

    adrianhitt said...

    those last few are suuuh-EXY!

    Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

    Great job, Mel!! The bride's dress is super gorgeous just like the p ictures :) PS - did you get JC's autograph? ;-)

    Christina LeMarr & Susan Hanson said...

    LOVE them ALL!!!!! Great Job Melanie!

    ~Susan

    Melanie Watson said...

    Thanks everyone! I had a great time shooting around the French Quarter. I only wish I had had more time to shoot more. Its funny that this blog post is all mine... no sharing with Bradford's images. The limelight is all mine!!! haha! ;)

    Anonymous said...

    These are just wonderful!!! Wowza great job.

    Blog Archive