BlogMenu




Welcome to the Sweet Blog! The place where all your dreams come true!!! Okay, okay… that might be an exaggeration… but it is a lot of fun. La Dolce Blog is the online journal of all the happenings at La Dolce Vita Studio. This is a place where you can come and find out about our latest projects, random events, the newest cute thing our dog Lucy has done and whatever else we decide to post in the online blogopolis. So who is behind La Dolce Vita Studio? Shh… its top secret… alright well the secret is out… we are Melanie and Bradford Watson, a husband and wife photography team based out of Jacksonville, FL. We shoot weddings, children, families, individual portraits, and anything else that may tickle our fancy. Our services are available across the U.S. and internationally… have passports, will travel!

So sit back, relax and browse until your heart is content… you can even leave a comment or two while you’re here! Don’t forget to bookmark us and come back often. If you are really serious about La Dolce Blog, you can subscribe by clicking here. Now you will receive spanking new posts delivered to your inbox right as they happen. If you love what you see and are chomping at the bit to book a wedding or photoshoot with us, just email us directly at info@ladolcevitastudio.com.

Thank you all for visiting… come back and see us soon!


    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 18, 2008

    I Run for the Pies

    Saturday night, Brad, myself and our friends Bobby and Erin all ran in the "I Run for the Pies 5k" here in downtown Jacksonville. Although the race didn't start until 7:30pm, it was super hot. I'm pretty sure it was still over 90 degrees out when we started running. The course was pretty tuff at times but I liked how scenic it was running through the downtown streets. I've had a bum knee for a few weeks now and wasn't sure if I would be able to run the entire distance, but I did! My time wasn't all that impressive at 33:44, but I was just happy to have completed it without having to walk half because of my knee. Bobby was able to finish under 20 minutes again and won an apple pie for everyone. After crossing the finish line, I waited with water in hand to give Brad and Erin as they came across. While standing there one of the billions of birds that were swarming over head decided to poop on me... dropping a nugget of love right on my shoulder. With my hands full, I sort of grimaced and waited until Brad crossed the finish line and got his water so I could clean it off. Right after he came in another bird, or possibly the same one with bowel issues, dropped some more love onto his head. Rumor has it, its lucky to get pooed on... so maybe we are lucky... who knows. All I know is there were cups of water being poured on his head immediately afterwards. Aside from experiencing number two from above, we had an awesome time... and can't wait to do the Tour de Pain in August!!! Maybe the poo was a sign that we will DOMINATE the August races. Go team Wat-Haines!

    Photobucket


    PS: Don't the little running pies on our bibs look more like California Raisins?? I think so.

    3 comments:

    OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

    those pies do look like our raisins!! ha!! congrats on finishing the run!! that's impressive!!

    Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

    You and all of these "healthy buff" events ;-) Girl--I haven't even started my "regimen" for Muddy Buddy! LOL ...Btw, yes, I thought they were the CA Raisins at first.. haha ;-)

    Anonymous said...

    I couldn't even beat those pies shaped like California Raisins! And I'm much more aerodynamic!!

    Blog Archive